|Date of Release
- Fixed the Scare spell, which was crashing the game.
- Fixed an issue where the screen goes weird during party creation but is otherwise stable. Only on hardware.
- Fixed a transaction in the Craggy Fjords where an old woman would chastise you for having full backpacks even if you don't.
- Added missing FX for monsters consuming food or stealing money.
- Fixed a bug where monsters standing on top of a disabled player were not targetable in melee.
- Fixed a bug with examining ammunition with counts above 127.
- Fixed a bug with broken road battlemaps containing invisible obstacles.
- Made changes to large monster movement logic to improve tactics and reduce "just stands there" cases.
- Fixed a transaction in the Whitecrown mountains when interacting with the griffin nest with a full backpack.
- Several tile/monster mob fixes in the Black Pit. (Fix will only appear on new games.)
- Fixed the Azhdaha encounter so that you get its heads correctly
- Fixed a bug where party members who joined had permanent status ailments such as fear, poison, etc.
- Fixed a bug where on hardware the SAMS card retained combat data even after a crash/reset causing odd effects.
- Fixed a hang/crash issue with monsters and invisibility.
- Fixed an issue with the Merchant Prince not acknowledging visiting the Grootslang.
- Fixed an issue with the Chalice saying you have permission when you don't.
- Blocked teleport effects in flooded mine and Grootslang's lair to prevent boat loss.
- Fixed an errant bookcase that was outside the Shierrif's house in Bleyloch. (Fix will only appear on new games.)
- Fixed a regression bug that caused the game to crash when a character in combat had poison or regeneration on them.
- Fixed a bug with effects that caused experience loss or gain messing up player data for anyone not at the head of the party.
- Fixed the chests in the hermit's hut of the Whitecrown mountains which looked like altars. (Fix will only appear on new games.)
- Fixed issue with experience gain after combat corrupting save files.
- Fixed an issue with the "give skill points" effect.
- Fixed bugs with food, money, and experience roll-overs on the 16-bit edge occuring.
- Added party effects (such as light) wearing off during combat. This is likely to make light sources run out noticeably faster.
- Fixed a bug where the southern pass into the Blighted Woods still took you there even after lifting the curse.
- Fixed the highlands map so it travels to the restored woods correctly via the south pass.
- Commander Donn will now open the gates if asked about the woods after they have been restored.
- Updated text so you are given proper directions to the glacier.
- Fixed a bug denying access to the Aconite Tower if you knew the Word of Power. (But allowed access if you didn't!)
- Updated Fire Fiends to "Blazing Fiends" and Frost Fiends to "Freezing Fiends".
- Adjusted movement rate of Coffin Corpses.
- Fixed spell casting so while at maximum fatigue you can't cast spells in travel or combat, including healing spells.
- Adjusted stealth to be less powerful; monsters still move randomly but with more aggressiveness.
- Adjusted fatigue cost and power for several spells (Healing, mass spells and Arcane Bolt)
- Added dialogue to Faressa and Sealgair to acknowlege the iron spike and tell you what to do.
- Fixed a bug in the Whispering Ruins which created a square that produced garbled text and graphic glitches.
- Fixed some spelling errors in the Volcano Fortress.
- Fixed a script in the Volcano Fortress that excluded a line of text.
- Added a teleporter to Prism Isle to return to the mainland.
- Added a bridge in the Great Forest so the Mound IS accessible without a boat.
- First major version change, not compatibile with prior build saves.
- Fixed issue with light counter not being decremented during combat.
- Fixed elevation on Prism isle.
- Fixed a bug with being able to equip mismatched ranged weapons and ammo.
- Fixed a regression with the Jinx and Scare spells that was fixed in build 002.
- Blocked the northern pass in the Blighted Woods; returning from that direction caused you to enter the Restored Woods.
- Fixed a door in the Raider's Cave that had an unusually high lockpick requirement. (Fix will only appear on new games.)
- Fixed a misplaced door in the Dark Tower dungeons. (Fix will only appear on new games.)
- Fixed an issue with the Voivode listing off your accomplishments causing a video buffer overrun and sprite garbage on the screen.
- Fixed the Immune trait on monster scans to be properly spaced.
- Updated Perse d'Or Mul's description of where to find the Thieves Sanctuary.
- Updated Commander Herzog's dialogue if he moves to Osthaven.
- Added dialogue in Blighted Woods to indicate the northern pass is blocked.
- Fixed issue with emerging into mountains leaving Fort Khazdul from east or west sides.
- Fixed Padishah's conversation so that the Vizier disappears when executed.
- Several transaction fixes due to misspelled commands not throwing errors during compilation.
- Several typo fixes.
- Second major version change, not compatibile with prior build saves.
- Fixed issues with boss monsters pouncing causing battlefield issues.
- Fixed an issue where Perse was not in the Brewery for training opportunities after being released.
- Fixed a bug with monster traits not separated by a space on scan screen.
- Fixed the stairs in the Golden Tower to come out at the correct location. (Fix will only appear on new games.)
- Reduced the Killer Rabbit's hit points to prevent a display overflow.
- Fixed an issue where the Jarl and Voivode will reward you for killing the heir without his head.
- Several typo fixes.
- Fixed some dialogue issues with Magus Sealgair which was getting cut off at screen bottom.
- Added a "press any key" prompt before displaying options that cut off dialogue on the screen bottom.
- Fixed a guard in the Voivode's House to have correct dialogue.
- Fixed an issue where monsters were spawning off map.
- Fixed a flag so that the Sheriff of Saguaro Gulch responds correctly to current events.
- Fixed plurals for a couple monsters.
- Several typo fixes.
- Fixed some mismatched mob tiles to monster types. (Fix will only appear on new saves.)
- Fixed some transactions which showed a blank screen prior to ending.
- Changed the Ruined Priory map to remove the embankment which had no elevation data so it acted like a wall.
- Updated monster AI so they check if a location spell targeting the center of the party hits anything.
- Fixed Fensmouth so you can't use teleport magic to break a narrative block.
- Removed secret pass into Jotnar lands. (Fix will only appear on new saves.)
- Fixed the Jarl so you only can give the report to him once, and he does not take the imperial signet back. (Which allows you into the Jotnar lands.)
- Several typo fixes.
- Fixed a game crash that occured if enemies attacked you while you stood on a door in Faecaistiel.
- Fixed a bug with Scan not returning the correct special attacks at times.
- Fixed a bug where exiting the Voivode's Hall in Osthaven sometimes brought you back to the wrong map.
- Added extra dialogue for Tharon when you visit Fensmouth and the Sunken City.
- Fixed mismatched mob tiles to monster types on several maps.
- Fixed "Evil Orderly" to have the correct plural.
- Total review of all in-game text to fix typos, grammar, and other issues.
- Third major version change, not compatibile with prior build saves.
- First release on the Steam platform.
- Updated interface so that characters who are confused, asleep or disabled can't use items or cast spells.
- Fixed some mismatched door tiles in the Hospice.
- Fixed some transactions where characters who aren't in your party make comments.
- Several grammar fixes.
- Updated interface to do single line skips instead of double-line skips after each paragraph to fix text cut-off issues.
- Several tile fixes in the Volcano Fortress. (Fixes will only appear on new saves.)
- Fixed an elevation issue in the Volcano Fortress.
- Fixed monster statistic screen to allow for traits, immunities and special attacks to display without overwrites.
- Several grammar and text fixes.
- Fixed a crash bug with monsters casting area spells.
- Updated to latest Classic99 emulator version, which preserves 4:3 aspect ratio in full-screen.
- Fixed an issue with the ROAGAME disk image. (Only applicable for MAME users.)
- Corrected the Aconite Grimoire to have correct spell name for Corrosion.
- Corrected the Amber Grimoire to have the Return spell listed.
- Fixed several altars in the Volcano Fortress to not look like chests. (Will only appear on new saves.)
- Updated an altar to do something rather than nothing when interacted with. (Will only appear on new saves.)
- Updated monster tiles in Dark Tower 1st floor to match the encounter type. (Will only appear on new saves.)
- Fixed pit trap tiles in the Dark Tower to not be visible. (Will only appear on new saves.)
- Removed a secret wall in the Dark Tower that allowed a crucial encounter to be bypassed.
- Grammar and typo corrections.
- Fixed a bug where the Reveal spell or sage identification reduced ammunition counts in inventory.
- Updated the message in inventory mode when you try to use an item that requires you to be on the main travel display to "Only in travel mode!"
- Updated Stealth so monsters have a more aggressive movement pattern that is more risky in close quarters.
- Added a bit of gossip about the importance of Lore skill to one of the inns in the early part of the game.
- Added some "secret" ways out of Czernos Castle for the unprepared. (Will only appear on new saves.)
- Updated emulator version. It will retain throttle mode in INI file, for those who want accelerated play.
- Increased regeneration effect to heal up to 1/4 the recipment's health per round.
- Changed the Weal spell so it is castable in travel mode as well as combat mode.
- Fixed a bug with gambling while lucky or unlucky.
- Changed the seer in Valwick so you can hear all his predictions without leaving.
- Added some gossip about the magic eye spell to call it out as an important tool.
- Monster updates
- Fixed an issue with encounter generation, more than two monster types will appear now.
- Minor monster graphics adjustments. (Scarier eyebrows on the Nightmare, more colors on the morgs)
- Several small changes to monster statistics to make them more interesting or challenging.
- Grammar and typo fixes.
- Fixed a bug where thrown weapons were remaining available every round.
- Fixed a bug where enraged state was being calculated twice, doing more bonus damage.
- Adjusted effect caps for spells so durations of buff spells are more generous with high sorcery/color affinity skills.
- Made several adjustments to spell power for new cap limits.
- Added a cap for increasing attributes (maximum 16) with touchstones.
- Monster updates
- Fixed bugs in the large (boss) monster pathfinding which caused them to go inert at times.
- Changed the Forest Dragon's poison breath to use the correct FX.
- Fixed data bugs that suppressed ranged attacks for some monsters.
- Updated ranged attack FX and sound for Nightmares.
- Adjusted monster statistics for better balance and increased treasure distribution.
- Updated prices for some high-end items in the Bazaar.
- Fixed an issue with the Fort Granros trainer.
- Added a confirmation prompt for fleeing combat, if you have control of the character.
- Added a confirmation screen for NPC's joining the party.
- Added a message on inventory screen that you can't remove an item because your backpack is full.
- Typo and grammar fixes.
- Fixed a bug where Mindguard did not remove fear effects.
- Updated Enrage and Mindguard to show "no effect" when an effect they block is attempted.
- Fixed a bug with examining weapons that doesn't mention bonuses at times.
- Healers now correctly heal or cure other party members besides the first.
- Adjusted damage potentially waking up characters in combat.
- Fixed an issue where rogues could not equip items when they had both primary and offhand slots occupied.
- Monster updates
- Added and adjusted partner creatures for several monsters to increase the chance of more diverse and interesting battles.
- Raised chances of item drops for several monsters.
- Updated all dragons to use their breath weapons a little less frequently.
- Adjusted some badlands creatures to be a bit more formidable.
- Increased the peril of facing perytions, wolpertingers, and wicked wyverns.
- Also made certain that wyverns are actually IN the game.
- Updated Mayor Blake's dialogue to reduce emphasis on bandits in the priory, which are not a quest but a nuisance.
- Updated Krishtoph's Crossbows to offer firearms as well as ammunition after the arms have been turned in.
- The Bazaar is out of attribute and experience touchstones, so sorry! Must be due to plague shortages...
- The Singing Mace and Triarchus now deal additional types of damage.
- Paladins can now equip magical foci.
- Updated thrown boulder animation for more frames and faster speed.
- Grammar and typo fixes.
- CRITICAL BUG: Fixed characters being blocked on leveling up further after leveling. (Zero next experience value.)
- Added a correction so this issue will be fixed in your party automatically. Save after your first start.
- Fixed weapons and armor having Acid and Mental damage swapped around.
- Updated some treasure drops to account for store changes.
- Updated the Bleyloch wharfmaster to take you to the "correct" version of Osthaven based upon current events.
- Added F key to fire ranged attacks or spells in addition to Space bar in combat targeting.
- Added the keys F5 to save game and F9 to load game.
- Fixed the character creation screen's text for Ranger to remove an errant 'th' at the end.
- Using Power Stones will now level the character if they meet or exceed the next level's requirement.
- Updated the endgame so a means to leave to revisit the realms is possible. (Will only appear on new saves.)
- Added missing items to stores, such as the mariner sabre.
- Added missing items to deep and dangerous places. (Will only appear on new saves.)
- Removed items from stores that were too high-end; they now drop more frequently from monsters.
- Updated ammunition counts sold over the realms; some stores sell in very large quantities at a bulk discount.
- Updated trainers to train to higher skill levels than before, and some skills gain 2 points per skill point.
- Enrage and Mindguard now protect from and remove sleep effects.
- Librum Piehl has lost the Mindguard Spell and gained the Ward spell.
- Spell affinity now reduces fatigue cost for aligned spells.
- Resist now can block an effect completely if it's high enough. ("No effect")
- Reduce can now completely block all damage. ("No effect")
- The logic for organized formations has been updated to make the early order characters closer to the opposition more consistently.
- Reduced the duration of experience and coin announcements in combat being on screen.
- Companion/Class Changes
- All classes starting skills have been adjusted, primarily upwards. These changes will only be available on a new game.
- Flynn is now meditating in Skalsburg.
- Branimir will join you after you prove your worth against the pirates.
- Layla can be freed from her cell by someone skilled with locks.
- Emulator Update
- Classic99 updated to version 399.045.
- Now supports "speed keys" which allow you to run the emulator in CPU Overdrive or Maximum mode.
- F6-F8 set Normal, Overdrive, and Maximum speed. F11 toggles between maximum and normal.
- To enable/disable speed keys, set "enableSpeedKeys" to 1/0 in the classic.ini file in your Steam Game folder.
- Fixed an issue where using a cursed scroll would cause a game crash later when casting spells.
- Fixed an issue where Trinkets in loot drops would occasionaly drop a nameless game-breaking one.
- Ward was granting different reduce/resist bonuses, this has been fixed.
- The disk image for World Disk 1-2 was corrupted in prior version; this has been fixed.
- Fixed a bug when moving between the Zephan and Osthaven regions.
- Fixed some issues with mob triggers in the Dungeon of Dread. (Will only appear on new saves.)
- Ammunition will now display correctly when found in chests.
- Fixed some issues with doors in one dungeon.
- Fixed a bug which always charged the "switching active stance" penalty for spellcasting, making it cost 5AP all the time.
- You can no longer target escaped units with spells in combat.
- Fixed vanish so that your unit is invisible at the start of combat if he enters it while invisible.
- Fixed special tiles so they impact all members of the party.
- Fixed the random treasure tables which were only pulling from the top half of the tables.
- Typo and grammar error corrections.
- Bards now can buy and sell items with a discount and bonus, respectively.
- Eight spellbooks have all gained two additional spells.
- The sense spell now allows you to interact with traps without setting them off.
- Rebalanced spell power calculations so both sorcery skill and affinity are desirable for maximum power.
- All spellcasting classes have been revised to have more affinities at start. (Will only appear on new saves.)
- The Towers of Sorcery will now train their affinity to a maximum of 8.
- Spells cast in combat now cost 3 action points instead of 4.
- The cure spell now removes sleep and poison effects at full power, and other debuff effects at half power.
- Mindguard no longer removes sleep, but it does protect you from future sleep attacks.
- Poison now does a percentage of damage based on total health.
- Updated treasure tables so higher end creatures drop more items you can't buy in stores.
- Attributes now have less impact on melee, ranged, sorcery, defense and resist skills.
- Haste and slow now also include a bonus or penalty to move action cost.
- Monster Updates
- Revised number appearing for several monsters that have overwhelming advantage if they ambush in large numbers.
- Several monsters in the sunken city got boosts to damage.
- Revisement of movement/action for all monsters to make them more competitive/active.
- New monster: The Dreadful Gazebo! Beware...
- Emulator Update
- Classic99 updated to version 399.046.
- Fixes an issue where the first key pressed after a function key is ignored.